Frequently Asked Questions About the Foundation
We appreciate all questions about the Foundation and its work. If you have a question that isn’t listed below, please contact us and we will be happy to answer your question.
What Is the Custer County Foundation?
The Custer County Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that was created in 1991 to promote charitable giving for the good of the communities of Custer County.
The Foundation has three purposes:
- To seek funds from private sources in the form of gifts and inheritances in order to build a pool of capital for philanthropic purposes.
- To distribute these funds for public needs.
- To provide leadership for community activities.
Are Gifts to the Foundation Tax Deductible?
Our status as a 501(c)3 public charity ensures that contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible to the highest extent allowed by the Internal Revenue Code. Receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
Who Monitors the Foundation?
The Custer County Foundation is provided leadership by a 15-member Board of Directors. These dedicated volunteers come from throughout Custer County. They have one thing in common: they are committed to our county’s vitality and progress. The board members are responsible for the administration of the Foundation’s pool of funds and the careful investment of the donated monies for the present and future needs of the residents of Custer County.
Where Is the Custer County Foundation Office?
The Foundation office is located in the old Security State Bank building at 403 South 9th Avenue in Broken Bow, Nebraska. Contact the Foundation by telephone at (308) 872-2232 or email us.
Why Should I Give to the Foundation?
Contributions to the Custer County Foundation provide a way for you to give something back to your community and ensure:
- Permanence by providing a legacy for generations to come.
- Flexibility through the Foundation’s continuing awareness of your community’s emerging needs and response to these needs.
- Significance by pooling the donations of many in order to accomplish goals that you might never achieve alone.
- Tax advantages because the Internal Revenue Service offers you the maximum tax deduction for all your donations to the Foundation.
- Charity at home by ensuring that all donations to the Foundation are used for charitable needs in your community.
- Satisfaction and enjoyment through seeing the results of your generosity and the gratitude of those who benefit.