The Custer County Foundation reviewed grant requests for the period ending April 30, 2016 and is awarding a total of $54,597 to 23 Custer County organizations.
“It’s always an exciting time when we get to announce our grant recipients,” said Lindsay Divan, Executive Director of the Foundation. “The generous support we receive from our donors through our annual Gala & Auction in December enables the Foundation to continue to increase the amount of funds granted out each year.”
The Foundation Grants committee recommended, and the Board of Directors approved, the following awards:
- Arrow Artists, Inc.: $425 to assist with the art and photography competition held in conjunction with the Custer County Fair.
- Brenzier Public Library: $1,000 to assist with the cost of bringing The Edgerton Explorit Center Program and a Jump A Roo to their 100 year birthday celebration of the library.
- Broken Bow Optimist Club: $5,000 to provide a set of soccer goals for the Optimist soccer program.
- Broken Bow Wrestling Club: $15,000 to assist with building a new wrestling room.
- Callaway Good Life Center: $4,000 to help purchase a 6 pan counter top steamer.
- Callaway Public Schools Education Foundation: $500 to help replace the football field score board at Callaway Public School.
- Central Plains Center for Services: $2,500 to help provide summer activities for the Super Kids Club Summer Program.
- Custer CAPABLE Corporation: $1,000 to assist with the costs associated with the HEROs mentoring program.
- Custer Care: $6,500 to help purchase a van to provide transportation for clients for medical purposes and for staff to travel for home care outside of Broken Bow.
- Custer County Children’s Theater: $500 to assist with the Children’s Theater experience scheduled for September 19-24, 2016.
- Custer County Grange: $150 to help provide dictionaries for all Custer County third grade students through the Words for Thirds, Dictionary Project.
- Custer County Junior Orchestra: $250 to help with upkeep on the instruments.
- Diamond Youth Organization: $2,500 to help purchase various equipment for the baseball/softball youth programs.
- Healing Hearts & Families: $500 to purchase materials for their H.E.A.R.T.S. (Helping Every At Risk Teen Succeed) Program.
- Healing Hearts & Families: $2,500 to provide materials for their domestic violence/sexual assault program.
- Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway: $2,000 to assist with the Follow the Rails Art Trail taking place October 14-16, 2016.
- Sargent Township Library: $400 to help with the summer reading program.
- Seven Valley’s Historical Society: $1,200 to help purchase a new computer.
- Seven Valley’s Rodeo Association: $3,422 to assist with building a new bathroom/shower facility at the rodeo grounds.
- Spartan Youth Wrestling Club: $2,000 to purchase a new wrestling mat.
- Spartan Youth Activities: $250 to provide “staying active in summer” programs for students during the Summer Lunch Program.
- SWAT: $2,000 to help provide a handicap lift for the pool.
- Twin Loup Track & Field: $1,000 to help with concrete expenses for runway, pole vault and high jump landing systems.
The next grant application period ends October 31, 2016. Applications may be accessed online at www.ccfneb.org.
The mission of the Custer County Foundation is to seek out, receive, and administer funds to meet the present and future needs of the residents of Custer County. Donations to the Foundation are tax-deductible. Call the Foundation at 308-872-2232 for more information.