Custer County Foundation Grant Procedure
The goal of the Custer County Foundation, Inc. is to improve the quality of life in the Custer County area by supporting the needs of the communities.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and will be considered at the end of two closing dates: April 30 and October 31. Applicants will be notified of selection or denial.
The application in PDF format may be accessed on this page in the right column or requested at the Foundation office located at 403 South 9th (the former Security State Bank Building), Broken Bow, or by calling the Foundation office.
- All nonprofit organizations in Custer County are eligible.
- Funds are usually granted in the areas of civics, culture, health, education, environment, and social services.
- Requests from organizations demonstrating broad community support for their programs are given priority consideration.
- The Foundation prefers to partially fund projects rather than be the source for full funding of a project.
- Requests to cover deficit spending or for general operating budget purposes will usually not be considered.
- All grants will expire 180 days after approval.
- Grant recipients are encouraged to provide an evaluation or report on the uses of the funds granted by the foundation.
- The Foundation will not grant more than one award for the same organization in a twelve month period, unless a waiver is approved by the Board of Directors.
- Prior to grant money being awarded, an invoice will be required.
- The money raised to fund these grants is raised locally therefore, funded organizations are encouraged to purchase items or services from Custer County businesses.
These four documents are required and should be attached to your application:
- IRS tax exemption letter.
- List of board of directors.
- Current operating budget.
- Latest financial statement.
If a required document can not be attached, an explanation must be included with your application.
Applications may be submitted throughout the year. Grants are awarded in the spring and in the fall.
Next grant deadline: APRIL 30